Register your full name, email address, country of residence and mobile number to receive your username and password. Audi Innovation Award will update you through this channel. Once you have completed registration, use your username and password to enter the submission area.
Once registered, complete the submission form by completing the questions and submitting a presentation.
Submit to the Audi Innovation Award by September 2020
Applicants of the Audi Innovation Award must satisfy the following criteria:
1. Where can I submit my idea?
To successfully submit, the applicant must:
2. What countries are contestants allowed to participate from?
In order to participate in the competition applicants may be of any nationality but must be residents of: Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and the UAE.
3. What is the submission deadline?
The tentative submission deadline is September 2020. Please keep an eye on the website and social media channels as they are regularly updated with important dates/timelines.
4. Do I have to submit a working prototype or only the concept/Idea?
The submission can be a concept or an idea but projects that have been carefully considered, or have been developed and mapped out are more likely to be selected by the jury.
5. Is there a design brief for the competition? If so, where can I find it?
The theme of the competition can be found by scrolling to the second page of ‘THEME’, further information can be found in CRITERIA and the application itself acts as support to guide the applicant.
6. Is there any participation fee to enter the competition?
The objectives of the Audi Innovation Award is to support emerging talent and promote innovation in the region, therefore there is no participation fee to enter the competition.
7. Does the submission have to be in relevance or direct correlation to the operational business of Audi itself?
No, the submission does not have to be in any relation to Audi or the automotive industry.
8. Kindly send me detailed information about the intellectual property rights and whether they belong to the applicant.
The competition is dedicated to empowering regional designers, Audi does not seek ownership of any of the submissions or developed winning projects. The IP remains in the name of the creator/designer.
9. As the registration requires personal information such as nationality and the like, how do we fill the personal information fields if we are participating as a group or company? What is the maximum size of a team allowed?
Applicants may submit as a group, studio or office by selecting one point of contact; this point of contact must be a resident in one of the listed countries. Please note only one person will be invited to present the idea at award ceremonies and presentations if the group does not reside in the UAE.
10. Can I participate with an innovative idea that is difficult to realize in the present?
Yes, allow room for the judges to make that call.
11. I have a great idea but it is not linked with the year’s theme, can I still submit it?
Yes, the competition is open to all submissions however one of the criteria for judging is the relevance to the theme. (See Theme/Criteria section on the home page)